The exciting and innovative £70m regeneration scheme will revitalise Sale Town Centre, delivering hundreds of new jobs and boosting Sale’s local economy. Delivery of the scheme would see a complete transformation of the town centre with the existing shopping centre being partially demolished and the space used to deliver 202 high quality residential units, ranging from studios to a selection of townhouses.
The plans would also see Sale become a more attractive entertainment and leisure destination, with the provision of modern retail and leisure space and a six-screen cinema. In addition, pedestrian access from the south into Sale town centre will be greatly improved with the creation of a new pedestrian plaza and avenue linking the corner of Sibson and Springfield Roads up into the central Town Square.
To accommodate the anticipated increase in residents, shoppers and commercial users, the proposals would deliver a replacement multi-storey car park providing over 280 spaces, with an additional 60 car parking spaces brought into use at Acre House.
- Meeting the demand for housing by delivering 202 high quality residential units, ranging from studios to a selection of townhouses
- Revitalised shopping centre with up to 30,000 sq ft of new retail and leisure space – creating hundreds of new jobs
- Six screen cinema to boost the evening economy
- Improved connections and linkages to the existing town centre
- Enhancing business growth, creating jobs and increasing footfall in the local area
- New pedestrian plaza and avenue linking the corner of Sibson and Springfield Roads up into the central Town Square
- Delivering over 340 parking spaces on site for residential and commercial units
During November we held a number of public consultation events to showcase our plans, with over 600 members of the local community attending in total and providing their feedback on the proposals.
Over 330 feedback forms were received during the consultation period, with over 90% of residents either strong agreeing or agreeing with the principle of regenerating Sale Town Centre.
We also asked the local community ‘What is the biggest regeneration priority for Sale?’ and there was a clear overall winner to improve the town’s retail and leisure facilities.
The planning application has now been submitted and Trafford Council is conducting its own period of consultation before determining the application. For more information please contact us on 0844 800 2441.