Sale Town Centre Regeneration Given the Green Light!
Maloneview’s regeneration plans for The Square Shopping Centre in Sale have now been given the green light by Trafford Council’s Planning & Development Management Committee. We would like to thank all of our supporters who have got behind the plans and we look forward to bringing forward this exciting new development.
The £70m landmark mixed-use regeneration scheme will revitalise Sale Town Centre with up to 3,400 sqm GIA of retail and leisure floorspace, a 2,000sqm six screen cinema as well as up to 202 new residential units (including affordable housing to help families get on the housing ladder).
As well as delivering much needed new housing and helping the Council to achieve housing targets, the scheme will attract premier retail and commercial brands and deliver hundreds of new jobs, boosting the local economy. The scheme’s cinema and new restaurants will be clustered around a new scenic open space to help kickstart the Public Realm and Movement Strategy, with significant works to Hereford Street and Springfield and Sibson Roads. The site is also well situated in a sustainable location, with great local transport links including the metro.
Since plans were submitted to Trafford Council last year, a majority of respondents to the Council’s consultation have backed the plans, with over 200 letters of support from local residents and business owners. The plans were also recommended for approval by officers at Trafford Council.
For more information please contact us on 0844 800 2441.
- Meeting the demand for housing by delivering 202 high quality residential units, ranging from studios to a selection of townhouses
- Revitalised shopping centre with up to 30,000 sq ft of new retail and leisure space – creating hundreds of new jobs
- Six screen cinema to boost the evening economy
- Improved connections and linkages to the existing town centre
- Enhancing business growth, creating jobs and increasing footfall in the local area
- New pedestrian plaza and avenue linking the corner of Sibson and Springfield Roads up into the central Town Square
- Delivering over 340 parking spaces on site for residential and commercial units